SBA Announces Local Small Business Week Award Winners
Click here for a copy of the original press release.
Joe Giordano, with Project Opportunity was recently recognized and awarded the 2014 Maryland Small Business Week Award in the “Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year”. Congratulations Joe, and all of the other winners below.
BALTIMORE—The winners of the 2014 Maryland Small Business Week Awards Program were announced today by Stephen D. Umberger, District Director of the U.S. Small Business Administration’s (SBA) Baltimore District Office. Winners will be honored at the 30th Annual Maryland Small Business Week Awards Luncheon Thursday, May 15th at Martin’s West in Woodlawn, Md.
This year’s winners are:
- Accountant Advocate of the Year: Donald Cunningham, Donald Cunningham, CPA LLC, Millersville
- Attorney Advocate of the Year: Chad Malkus, Esq., Michael Hodes, LLC, Cambridge
- District Director’s Unsung Hero Award: Rich Loeffler, Maryland Small Business & Technology Development Center, Wye Mills
- Entrepreneurial Success of the Year: Danny Farrar & David Posin, Soldierfit, Frederick
- Family Owned Small Business of the Year: Kim Lawson, Fishpaws Marketplace, Arnold
- Financial Services Champion of the Year: Steve Primosch, Anne Arundel Economic Development Corp., Annapolis
- Home-Based Business Champion of the Year: Barbara Zimmer, B. Zimmer & Co., Pasadena
- Insurance Advocate: Nancy Ann Nicklow, W. Ray Huff Insurance, Pasadena
- Maryland Small Business Person of the Year: Stephanie Novak Hau, Chesapeake Environmental Management, Bel Air
- Minority Small Business Champion of the Year: Charles Ramos, CR Dynamics, Baltimore
- Small Business Exporter of the Year: John Doran, Centreville Trailers, Centreville
- Veteran Small Business Champion of the Year: Joe Giordano, Project Opportunity, Salisbury
- Women in Business Champion of the Year: Shabri Moore, Moore Wealth, Inc., Frederick
- Young Entrepreneur of the Year: Matt Wyble, Champion Realty, Severna Park
Each year the President of the United States declares national small business week in celebration of the contributions of the small business community to the nation’s economy. The SBA holds the annual awards competition to recognize outstanding small business owners and their advocates. National Small Business Week activities will be held May 12-16, 2014 at various locations across the country.
For more information contact Rachel Howard at (443) 848-7025 or at [email protected]. For information on the 2014 Maryland Small Business Week Awards Luncheon or for tickets, visit the event website at www.mdsbwawards.org.