Posted with permission.
CONTACT: Suzanne Fischer-Huettner
EMAIL: [email protected]
Baltimore (October 9, 2023) — The Daily Record has named Joe Giordano, the Founder of Project Opportunity, one of the inaugural Veterans in Business & Law Award winners.
This new award honors military veterans who are making a significant impact on Maryland business and legal fields and also continuing to give back to their communities. To be considered for the honor, the nominee must be a former member of the U.S. military, living and working in Maryland, and in a senior leadership position at a company or firm. A listing of the winners is below.
“The 2023 Veterans in Business & Law honorees are extraordinary leaders. These military veterans are innovators, combining what they learned in the military and applying that knowledge to their professions and to the community,” said Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, managing director of BridgeTower Media/The Daily Record. “We at The Daily Record thank them for all they have done and will continue to do to make our community a better place to live and to work.”
The 2023 Veterans in Business & Law recipients will be recognized at an online awards celebration on Nov. 10. The program will feature inspiring interviews with each honoree, a message from key sponsors and storytelling about the impact the honorees are having on Maryland and how that impact ties to their military service. The honorees will also be profiled on Nov. 13 in print and online at TheDailyRecord.com. The awards celebration hashtag is #TDRevents.
Sponsorship packages feature various benefits including admission to the online event, marketing in the winner videos, logo usage, downloadable interview segments, print, digital and social media recognition, and more. Once sponsorships close on October 23, tickets to the online event will be available for purchase. To secure a sponsorship, contact Suzanne Fischer-Huettner at [email protected].
For an updated listing of sponsors and more information about the 2023 Veterans in Business & Law, visit TheDailyRecord.com/event/veterans-in-business-law/.
About The Daily Record
The Daily Record is a digital first, daily news media company focused on law, government and business at TheDailyRecord.com. The Daily Record publishes a print edition on weekdays in addition to more than 25 special products a year in a variety of industries. The Daily Record hosts 11 annual events to recognize excellence and provide leadership opportunities. These events include Maryland’s Top 100 Women, Most Admired CEOs, Influential Marylanders, Health Care Heroes, Icon Honors and more. The Daily Record also facilitates webinars bringing local experts from the business community together to discuss current topics and trends. Its Digital Marketing Solutions helps customers with social media, search engine marketing and optimization, retargeting and email marketing among other services. The Daily Record, with 135 years of editorial excellence, is part of BridgeTower Media, the leading provider of B2B information, research, events and marketing solutions across more than 25 U.S. markets and industries.
2023 Veterans in Business & Law Honorees
- Thomas Barnard, Baker, Donelson, Bearman, Caldwell and Berkowitz
- The Honorable Wayne Brooks, Howard County District Court
- Michael DeMos, C360 Agency & The Victory 360 Agency
- Erica Dobbs, Dobbs Defense Solutions
- Harold Dwin, Cohen & Dwin P.A.
- Nicholas Eremita, UMGC
- Joshua Gayfield, Miles & Stockbridge
- Joe Giordano, Project Opportunity
- Andrew Gross, Law Office of Andrew P. Gross
- Wes Guckert, The Traffic Group Inc.
- The Honorable Geoffrey Hengerer, District Court of Maryland for Baltimore City
- Donta Henson, Los Hermanos Tequila
- Ryan Kules, Strong Deeds MD LLC
- Hugh McClean, University of Baltimore School of Law
- Ryan McLean, Public Service Commission of Maryland
- Rory Murray, Providence Strategies
- Emmett Roberts, Maryland Veterans Chamber of Commerce
- Jeremy Scholtes, Miles & Stockbridge
- Caleb Sebra, C. K. Signals Inc.
- Ronald Steptoe, Warrior Centric Health Inc.
- Artie Travis, Frostburg State University
- The Honorable Halee Weinstein, State of Maryland Judiciary
- Eric Wyss, Heritage Financial Consultants LLC
About Project Opportunity
Project Opportunity is a free entrepreneurship training program for active military and veterans who want to start their own businesses. The ten-week (30 hour) intensive course is designed to prepare veterans to research and complete a business plan. Founded on the Eastern Shore of Maryland in 2010, Project Opportunity has since expanded to Annapolis, Baltimore, Columbia, Glen Burnie, Prince George’s County and Southern Maryland. Contributions from county economic development authorities, local banks, fraternal organizations and private foundations help ensure that the classes are free to veteran participants. To learn more, visit www.project-opportunity.com.