Kristen Earp, LLC
Business Name: Kristen Earp, LLC
What was the most important thing you learned during Project Opportunity?:
I learned the importance of having the right structures in place to support my business. I resisted doing some of the things like getting someone to do my taxes, making my business an LLC, and forecasting my business.
What made me stop resisting was a shift in the mindset of this is not a side gig, this is my main gig. I am an entrepreneur. In claiming my title and mode of business, it made it easier to step into what was necessary and right to do for my business to succeed.
Aside from the practical knowledge, frameworks, and resources I gained, the most important mindset shift I made was I am the CEO of my business and not just a coach. In looking at it from a CEO standpoint, this allowed me to pull in all of my skills and ability whereas I was just leaning into my coaching skills. I pulled in my consulting side, training side, facilitation side, etc… When I did this, I started to really see my business flourish.
What successes have you had since completing Project Opportunity?:
With the footing that Project Opportunity gave me, I leaned into taking more risks and putting myself out there with all that I have to offer. Here are a few things I have done since:
- A business pitch competition where was I awarded $5500 for my business
- Stopped going for the low-hanging fruit contracts and up-leveled to contracts that pay better. (Where my services are paid at $70 to $250 an hour or more)
- Through multiple contracts I have coached (to date) over 600 hours and conducted over 150 hours of virtual coach facilitation efforts around leadership development topics.
- I have with the coaching hours I up-leveled from an ACC status with the International Coaching Federation to PCC
- I doubled my revenue goals in 2021 with a projection of $40,000 (side gig mindset) to $85,000 (main gig mindset)
- I have stepped out of my third-party contracts to start connecting with organizations directly to support them with their leadership development needs.