Project Opportunity – 2020 Business Pitch Competition
SALISBURY, Md., February 1, 2021 – On January 21, 2021 Project Opportunity conducted its initial Business Pitch Competition for graduates of our program. We are pleased to announce the winners of the competition:
- Adrienne Sommerville, CEO Talent and Technical Solutions Corporation and Southern Maryland Fall 2019 Class Graduate – $8000.00 Award
- Kristen Earp, Owner Kristen Earp, LLC, and Military Spouse Fall 2020 Class Graduate – $5500.00 Award
- Vanessa Kadiri, Owner Kleanliness Services, LLC and Anne Arundel Spring 2019 Class Graduate – $5000.00 Award
- Tiffany Daniel, Founder CTLDom Group, Inc. and Southern Maryland Fall 2017 Class Graduate – $1500.00 Award
We would like to acknowledge and thank the Business Pitch Competition Judges:
- Carlene Cassidy – CEO Philip and Carole R. Ratcliffe Foundation.
- Candace Pruett – Business Consultant, Maryland Small Business Development Center, Corridor Region.
- Wynne Briscoe – Regional Director, Maryland Small Business Development Center, Southern Region.
- Tim Wilson – Manager, TEDCO Builder Fund.
- Tiffany Davis – Owner, Washington Accounting Services, Inc., and Project Opportunity Facilitator for Southern Maryland and Prince George’s County.
Project Opportunity has formed an Educational Partnership with Pitch Creator to provide the Pitch Creator Foundation Course to program graduates to assist them in preparing for the Project Opportunity Annual Business Pitch Competition. Business pitch participants were provided the Pitch Creator Foundation Course at no charge along with three (3) hours of individual coaching/mentoring by our facilitators. Special thanks to our Business Pitch Coaches:
- Brenda Dilts, Owner Next Step LLC and Senior Project Opportunity Facilitator for Anne Arundel and Howard Counties.
- Patricia Newby, President Strategic Business Partnership and Project Opportunity Precentor for classes in Baltimore City, Anne Arundel, and Howard Counties.
Funding for the Business Pitch Competition was provided by the Philip E and Carol R Ratcliffe Foundation. The Ratcliffe Foundation is based in Annapolis Maryland and operates as a charitable organization designed to encourage and reward entrepreneurship, create jobs and expand economic opportunities.
To learn more, visit the Ratcliffe Foundation at https://www.ratcliffefoundation.com/