My ArundelBiz Podcast: Project Opportunity & The Spouse Entrepreneurship Training Course
“A lot of Veterans don’t realize that when they go into programs like mine (Project Opportunity) and yours (Inclusive Ventures Program) that they possess a lot of skills and talents that are going to help them be successful at what they want to do (start or grow their business).”
– Joe Giordano, Project Opportunity Founder
With summer flying by and Labor Day fast-approaching, the My ArundelBiz podcast is proud to highlight Project Opportunity, a free entrepreneurship training program designed solely for Veterans (Active Duty, Guard/Reserve Personnel, and Veterans) who want to start or expand their small business, and its Spouse Entrepreneurship Training Course.
We sat down with Joe Giordano, a long-serving Veteran and the founder of Project Opportunity, to discuss:
- What led him to create Project Opportunity, which launched in September 2010, and the Spouse Entrepreneurship Training Course, an offshoot designed specifically for Veterans’ spouses or dependents.
- How the programs’ curriculums and expert-led training, much like those of AAEDC’s Inclusive Ventures Program, have allowed 383 Project Opportunity graduates and 25 Spouse Entrepreneurship Course graduates to grow their businesses and create jobs throughout Maryland.
- Some of the diverse businesses created by program graduates, from Kiss My Glass Window Cleaning and Queen of Spades Style and Jammin’ Together (Project Opportunity) to Reveille Grounds and Stephanie McLaughlin Photography (Spouse Entrepreneurship Training Course).
- PLUS his top 5 reasons that Veterans’ spouses or dependents should consider applying to participate in the Military Spouse Fall 2022 Class, taking place on Wednesday evenings from September 14th, 2022 to November 9th, 2022 at the Anne Arundel Workforce Development Career Center in Linthicum, Maryland.
So tune in to learn more about Project Opportunity and its Spouse Entrepreneurship Training Course any why you, or someone you know, might want to apply to participate!