2014 Project Opportunity Graduation, Anne Arundel (Glen Burnie) MD
GLEN BURNIE MARYLAND AREA – Consulting, Training, and Development Services partnered with The Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation to provide Project Opportunity to veterans who reside in Anne Arundel County. The Orientation Session was conducted on December 17, 2013 with a total of fifteen veterans in attendance. Twelve of the veterans at the Orientation Session indicated a desire to move forward to the next screening process, the telephonic assessment. . After the completion of the telephonic screening assessments a total of ten (10) veterans were accepted into the program. Here is a summary of their business ventures:
- Ice Cream/Food Service Business
- Assisted Living Facility
- Real estate
- Rustic wooden trays
- Window Cleaning
- Moving Services
- Legal Services
- Infrared Thermography Inspections
- IT Consulting Services
Classes started on January 7, 2014 at the Anne Arundel Workforce Development Corporation Youth Employment Center.
The Graduation Ceremony was held on June 18, 2014 at the Arundel Workforce Development Corporation Youth Employment Center. A total of eight (8) veterans completed the course and graduated from this initial class in Anne Arundel County. Two veterans to withdraw from the course due to scheduling issues with their current employers. Those business ventures that these graduating veterans are seeking to start or expand are:
- Ice Cream/Food Service Business (Howie’s Ice and Cream)
- Assisted Living Facility (Bea’s Place)
- Real Estate (American Realty – Maryland)
- Rustic wooden trays (Christie Sappington Designs)
- Window Cleaning (Kiss My Glass of USA)
- Staffing (Evolution HR Staffing)
- Moving Services (Jason’s Last Minute Moving)
- Legal Services (Nurse Consults, LLC)
Edward Rothstein, Retired US Army Colonel and President/CEO of the Anne Arundel Economic Development Corporation was the guest speaker.
The Graduation Ceremony was sponsored by Mission BBQ and Alan I. Elkin, CEO of Advance – The Document Specialists.